Thursday, June 21, 2012

Oh Richard Gere....

Last Friday morning when I finished sobbing my way thru Richard Gere in "Shall We Dance", I reflected on my nearly 40 years of obsessive love for Richard Gere.


yep, Let's dance!!  Sorry Larry!!!


I"ve been watching him in movies (and crying thru a lot of them) for years.  I have to admit that he sure does die a lot in the movies...There is not ONE time that I watch Sommersby and don't desperately hope that they will find a loophole and he'll get to live in the end.  And he never finds that loophole and Larry says, "Why are you crying?" and then he says, "oh, Sommersby."


We have had our ups and downs thru the years, but I still love him...


Even tho' Spence's partner Gary Morey came over to my house and saw my poster of Rich on my 'fridge and told me that he went to school with him and he was a wussie four eyed freak.


Didn't change things...


Even tho' He and Cindy Crawford ran that embarrassing ad in the paper in London assuring everyone that they weren't gay.


Hey, everyone does things that they aren't proud of...


Even tho' he got all political and stuff and got banned from the Oscars....


It's a phase, I'm sure...


And even tho' he knocked up and married that weird lawyer from Law and Order and they bought that Bed and Breakfast and Restaurant in NY state that I was really excited about until I read all the questionable reviews...


At least he's still pretty....


So here's to Richard Gere.  Keep making those movies that make me cry and I will keep ignoring the fact that you have a personal life....


The Actual poster that Gary made fun of....





No comments:

Post a Comment