Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Blast From the Past - Album Art

This morning as we were speeding down I-66 - or going as fast as one can down the HOV lane during a rainy morning rush hour - we were listening to my just arrived copy of "My Son the Folk Singer" by Alan Sherman.  
Boy did that bring back memories!  Alan Sherman was big in the sixties - kinda like a very Jewish Weird Al Yankovic. 
My step mom owned this album and I just would sit and study the album cover.  It fascinated me on so many levels.  I wanted to grow up and look just like that woman. And when  I told Larry about it that lead to a discussion about album covers - How they just don't look like they used to - what with that small area that the CD case allows - they just don't seem to have the same "artiness" that they used to have.  

And then we started talking about our favorite album covers ---


Check out how her foot is turned....women just don't stand like that anymore.  Larry likes the placement of Alan Sherman's foot.  So classic....

This, obviously was Larry's favorite album cover.  Let me rephrase that - it is probably the favorite album cover of all living breathing males of that era... Oh, that Herb Albert..

Much to Larry's dismay, he found that even if you stared at the album cover for hours, the whipped cream would  just NEVER melt....
 Of course, I had my own favorite Herb Albert album cover...


What now my love????

And then there were the ladies of the 70's....Linda Ronstadt and Olivia Newton John - These were Larry's personal favorites - 


I have nothing to say. These ladies speak for themselves.....

 And let's not forget one of my favorites.. ( I just found out that Audrey likes it toooo.....)

Ohhhh Boz....
But if we are going to talk about the all time best most favorite just plain WONDERFUL album covers, I would be remiss indeed if I didn't  include my personal all time favorite album cover....

James Taylor.  Those eyes....


Sweet Baby James, indeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment