Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pity Party Expanded

I woke up this morning sad and depressed from a bad dream. 

And I had a pounding headache.

And it was pouring rain outside.

And it was Tuesday.  The day I get up around 5 to take Larry to the metro.  I did promise, after all.

Then I got to work and it was just one crisis after another.

So after I left work and crawled into my car I decided that a little pity party was in order.

And what's a pity party without retail therapy??  So I went to The Very Thing, a local consignment store.  

And I felt MUCH better when I left!

Look at my cool stuff!!!!


A Rocking Horse Santa. So Sweet!!
This is a beautiful double handled depression glass bowl.  I've had my eye on it for awhile now...


Debbie Mumm Snowman mugs!! I bought a set of these years ago when I worked  at the quilt store and fell in love with Debbie Mumm fabrics.  And we literally used them up!!  I couldn't believe that they were there...Way high above my head.  The saleslady had to use a reacher thingy to get one down to see what the price was.  She said 4 mugs for $5.00.  I said ooooh, and she said I'll just get the rest down for you....

My new holiday Sangria pitcher.  When I first showed it to Audrey I slipped and said "Sangria MUG"  She raised her eyebrow and I thought to myself..add a squiggly straw and I would be in business...


What I didn't  buy....but probably will....today....

1 comment:

  1. If I were you, I would have just come home, popped a Forget Me Not-acette and taken a bath :P

    ReplyDelete