Thursday, July 31, 2014

Conversations with the Grandkids

I have been working with Grey and Neve on a new fun concept.
It's called "pick up your toys when you are done playing".
Admittedly, it is a concept that should have been drilled in their heads several years ago, but hey, I am still new at this grandmother gig.
So today we, I mean they, worked on picking up what I like to call Barbie-land-from-hell.
(I know what to call it because Mary and Audrey used to make the same mess.)
(In fact, most of the Barbie stuff IS Mary and Audreys....)
As usual, they were very reluctant to pick stuff up.




It took a lot of encouragement on my part.



But they finally got it done!

Then Neve came over with the Danny doll from the New Kids On The Block, and asked if i could put his Army pants on.  As I struggled to pull the nylon camo pants up the plastic legs, I couldn't help but notice that Danny was still wearing the Brenda from 90210 doll's teal bikini bottoms.
Not being a judgmental person, I merely figured that life is a series of journeys...and Danny was on one strange journey.

We then had the following discussion - 

Neve:  Mimi, I need to make a mess.
Me: What? Why??
Neve:  I need to find the carnade for Ken (Danny).
Grey: Neve, it's a GRENADE!!
Me:  Where are the grenades?  (Sadly knowing the answer.)
Neve: In the bottom of the Barbie tub.
Grey: Why does he need a grenade anyway?
Neve: He needs a garnade because he needs to FIGHT!!!

I wonder where his boots are?
 As a matter of fact, I've seen his undies.

Yep, he may need to fight.....


Check out that smile....

No comments:

Post a Comment